Ordering from America? Visit our US store.
- Todays New Vinyl
- National Album Day
- New Releases
- Exclusive Vinyl
- SOV Messenger
This website page requires you to be 18 years or older to enter. Please enter you date of birth to continue.
Merry Christmas...Have a Nice Life!: Limited Green Vinyl Edition
Delivery from US$10.63
* Delivery cost to United States of America (based on your detected location) for a single item. Adding multiple items to your order can reduce the cost per item. Choosing a different delivery option can change the cost per item. Final delivery cost will be shown in order review page.
- Release Date 01 November 2019
- In Stock
- Product code
- Vinyl LP
- Real Gone Music
- • With Over 50 Million Albums and 20 Million Singles Sold, Cyndi Lauper Is One of the Most Popular Singers, Male or Female, to Emerge in
the Last 40 Years
- • Her Creative Efforts Extend Beyond Pop Music to Broadway (Kinky Boots), Acting, LGBTQ Activism, and Beyond
- • But One of Her Least Publicized Roles—That of Motherhood—Inspired Her 1998 Holiday Album, Merry Christmas…Have a Nice Life!
- • Recorded Largely at Home While Her Infant
- • A Mixture of Traditional and New Yuletide Songs,
the Record Displays Lauper’s Trademark Bubbly
Personality but Also Radiates the Warm Christmas
Spirit That Informs the Best and Most Beloved
- • Among the Highlights Are the Sassy Songs Like
“Christmas Conga” and the Bawdy “Minnie and
- • The Traditional Tunes “Three Ships” and “Silent
Night” Offer a Reverent, Gather-‘Round-the-
- • Vinyl Debut
- • Newly-Created Gatefold Album Jacket Featuring
- • Pressed in Green Vinyl
- • Limited to 1000 Copies
Leave it to Cyndi Lauper to record a Christmas album that’s upbeat without being sappy! Honestly, the stories that surround the making of this 1998 record are enough to put you in the Christmas spirit. Like the fact that she recorded it at her home while her infant son Declyn slept (he can be heard giggling and burbling on “New Year’s Baby [First Lullaby]”). And that she taped her vocals inside her cedar closet because she liked the reverb sound. In short: no spoiled superstar or commercial cash-in here! Just a fresh, homespun take on a time-honored tradition, brought to you by a performer whose work in music, theater, and advocacy continues to inspire. Cyndi brings her trademark sass to songs like “Christmas Conga” and the bawdy “Minnie and Santa” among the eight original tunes on the record. But the traditional tunes “Three Ships” and “Silent Night” radiate a reverent, gather-‘round-the-fireplace vibe that’ll warm the cockles of even the most hidebound holiday music devotee. For the vinyl debut of Merry Christmas…Have a Nice Life!, we’ve pressed up 1000 copies in green vinyl and put ‘em inside a beautiful gatefold cover featuring lyrics.
|1||Home on Christmas Day|
|2||Early Christmas Morning|
|3||Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree|
|5||Minnie and Santa|
|1||Feels Like Christmas|
|3||New Year’s Baby (First Lullaby)|
|5||In the Bleak Midwinter|