Ordering from America? Visit our US store.
- Pre Orders
- New Releases
- Coloured Vinyl
- Limited Edition
- Classic Albums
- SOV Messenger
- Want to be the first to hear about exclusives? Click Here to find out more!
1972 – 1974: Limited Edition Vinyl Box Set
- Release Date 15 March 2019
- Sorry Sold Out
- Product code
- Vinyl Box Set
- Panegyric Recordings
• Finally on vinyl, the King Crimson 40th anniversary albums mixed and produced by Steven Wilson and Robert Fripp.
• Cut from the same hi-res masters used for the 40th anniversary CD/DVD-A series.
• Pressed on 200gram super-heavyweight vinyl for the best possible audio reproduction.
• King Crimson is on tour in the UK in from end of October into November, with the current band playing much of the material on these albums.
• Boxed set contains the band’s three classic albums by the celebrated 1972 – 1974 line-ups plus a fourth album containing a complete alternate version of “Larks’ Tongues in Aspic” mixed and produced by Steven Wilson featuring the LP’s original US artwork.*
• The expanded edition of USA is also featured on LPs five and six in its 2013 issued mix by Robert Fripp, David Singleton and Tony Arnold
• The set also contains a full sized 24 pages photographic booklet of the band during the period plus a poster of the King Crimson album art as it originally featured in “The Young Person’s Guide to King Crimson” – the band’s first, 1975 issued compilation.
King Crimson 1972 - 1974 presents the band’s celebrated trio of studio albums from that period “Larks’ Tongues in Aspic”, “Starless and Bible Black”** and “Red” in their 40th anniversary edition mixes as mixed and produced by Steven Wilson and Robert Fripp in 2009 - 2012.
This is the first time that these mixes have appeared on vinyl.**
All albums are presented in their original sleeves.
Additionally, a fourth LP features an Alternate “Larks’ Tongues in Aspic” mixed and produced by Steven Wilson, with ‘Easy Money’ appearing in its 2012 mix by David Singleton and Alex R Mundy and presented in the album’s original American sleeve art.
The vinyl set is completed with the inclusion of the expanded version of the live USA album, presented in its 2013 mix with interior gatefold art based on the original imagery.
A 24 pages photographic booklet and album art poster are also included.
All albums are pressed using 200gram super heavyweight vinyl for the best audio reproduction.
The albums were cut at Loud Mastering by Jason Mitchell from original hi-res sources as prepared by Steven Wilson and approved by Robert Fripp.
*except ‘Easy Money’ (alt. mix), Mixed and Produced by David Singleton and Alex R Mundy.
**excluding ‘Trio’ and ‘The Mincer’, presented in original mixes as multi-track tapes for these tracks remain lost.In The Court Of The Crimson King: Side A
- 21st Century Schizoid Man
- I Talk to the Wind
- The Court of the Crimson King
- Peace - A Beginning
- Pictures of a City
- Cadence and Cascade
- In the Wake of Poseidon
- Peace - A Theme
- Cat Food
- The Devil's Triangle
- i) Merday Morn
- ii) Hand of Sceiron
- iii) Garden of Worm
- Peace - An End
- Indoor Games
- Happy Family
- Lady of the Dancing Water
- Formentera Lady
- Sailor's Tale
- The Letters
- Ladies of the Road
- Prelude: Song of the Gulls
- 21st Century Schizoid Man (instrumental, trio version)
- I Talk to the Wind (studio run through)
- Epitaph (alt instrumental version)
- Moonchild (take 1)
- The Court of the Crimson King (take 3, instrumental)
- I Talk to the Wind (duo version)
- Cadence and Cascade (guide vocal, Greg Lake)
- Peace - An End (alt. mix)
- Cat Food (single version)
- Groon (2010 mix)
- Indoor Games (alt take)
- Lady of the Dancing Water (alt take)
- Prince Rupert Awakes (piano, Keith Tipett)
- Prince Rupert's Lament (alt take)
- A Peacemaking Stint Unrolls
- Sailor's Tale (alt guitar takes)
- Ladies of the Road (remix)
- Prelude: Song of the Gulls (string section, take 2)
- Islands (run through with oboe prominent)
Replica edition of the booklet originally included in "Young Person's Guide to King Crimson"Larks' Tongues in Aspic: Side A
- Larks' Tongues in Aspic, Part One
- Book of Saturday
- Easy Money
- The Talking Drum
- Larks' Tongues in Aspic, Part Two
- The Great Deceiver
- We'll let you Know
- The Night Watch
- The Mincer
- Starless and Bible Black
- Fallen Angel
- One More Red Nightmare
- Larks' Tongues in Aspic, Part One (alt. mix)
- Book of Saturday (alt. take)
- Exiles (alt. mix)
- Easy Money (alt. take)
- The Talking Drum (alt. mix)
- Larks' Tongues in Aspic, Part Two (alt. mix)
- Walk on: No Pussyfooting
- Larks' Tongues in Aspic, Part two
- Improv: Asbury Park
- Easy Money
- 21st Century Schizoid Man
24 Pages photographic booklet of the 1972 - 74 line-ups
Album art poster based on the inner gatefold of "Young Person's Guide to King Crimson"