- Pre Orders
- New Releases
- Coloured Vinyl
- Limited Edition
- SOV Messenger
Sherwood At The Controls / Volume 2: 1985 - 1990
- Release Date 24 June 2016
- Buy Now: More stock coming soon
- Product code
- Double Vinyl LP
- On-U Sound
• Follow-up to the much-loved first volume that compiled 79 – 84 productions and remixes by the legendary Adrian Sherwood; this second instalment charts a path through electro, industrial, noise, hip-hop, afrobeat and dub.
• Includes 5 completely unreleased tracks, and 4 that have never been heard since their original vinyl release.
• Features Lee Perry, Ministry, Tackhead, and KMFDM
• Extensive sleevenotes that tell the story of each track alongside archival photos, label scans and more.
Adrian Sherwood is an artist, producer and founder of the cult On-U Sound label. Much-loved by other musicians, as well as pioneering his own unique take on dub reggae, he’s also worked with everyone from The Slits to Nine Inch Nails, Depeche Mode to The Fall, Blur to Einstürzende Neubauten. Still very active in the studio and as a touring artist, he has recently released a collaborative album with Bristol dubstep don Pinch, remixed Peaking Lights, and produced albums by Roots Manuva, Nisennenmondai and Coldcut.
A1. Mark Stewart - Hypnotised (12" Mix) (1985)
A2. Tackhead - Mind At The End Of The Tether (1987)
A3. Doug Wimbish & Fats Comet - Don't Forget That Beat (alternate dub) (1985)
B1. Flux - The Value Of Nothing (1986)
B2. The Unknown Cases - Masimbabele 89 (Adrian Sherwood Remix) (1989)
B3. Keith LeBlanc - These Sounds (1989)
B4. The Beatnigs - Television (Dance Mix) (1988)
C1. Pankow - Girls & Boys (1987)
C2. Ministry - All Day Remix (1986)
C3. Rinf - Big Bondage (Kinky Sex Wet Mix) (1987)
C4. KMFDM - Don't Blow Your Top (Adrian Sherwood Remix) (1988)
D1. Dub Syndicate - Snatch A Style (1985)*
D2. Lee Perry - Music & Science Madness (1987)*
D3. Bim Sherman - Haunting Ground Dub (1986)*
D4. African Head Charge - Hold Some More Version (1990)*
D5. Dub Syndicate - Early Mafia (1990)*