Ordering from America? Visit our US store.
- Pre Orders
- New Releases
- Coloured Vinyl
- Limited Edition
- Box Sets
- SOV Messenger
- Want to be the first to hear about exclusives? Click Here to find out more!
1st JUNE 1974
- Release Date 02 November 2018
- In Stock
- Product code
- Vinyl LP
- Little Amber Fish
June 1, 1974 was originally released by Island Records the same year in which it was recorded. The idea for the concert came from Richard Williams (Island’s A&R), who suggested that the reunion of all of these Island artists would help generate interest in the label (which had up to then been primarily associated with reggae).
Brian Eno performs two songs from his debut solo album Here Come the Warm Jets (1973), while former Velvet Underground chanteuse Nico delivers a stunning version of The Doors “The End”. Fellow former Velvet John Cale curdles the blood with his alarming take on Elvis Presley’s “Heartbreak Hotel”.
Kevin Ayers journeyed from his secluded lifestyle in France to appear and his performances take up the remainder of the album.
The personnel is completed with Ayer’s extraordinary touring band The Soporifics – featuring guitarist Ollie Halsall (Patto, Timebox), exceptionally reinforced by Robert Wyatt (Soft Machine) and Mike Oldfield.Tracklist:
- Driving Me Backwards (ENO) (6:07)
- Baby's On Fire (ENO) (3:52)
- Heartbreak Hotel (CALE) (5:19)
- The End (NICO) (9:14)
- May I (AYERS) (5:30)
- Shouting In A Bucket Blues (AYERS) (5:07)
- Stranger In Blue Suede Shoes (AYERS) (3:27)
- Everybody's Sometime And Some People's All The Time Blues (AYERS) (4:35)
- Two Goes Into Four (AYERS) (2:28)