Ordering from America? Visit our US store.
Ordering from Aus or NZ? Visit our Australian store.
LAST SHIPPING DATES
Standard Mail (untracked) & Courier (tracked) dates - Place order before midday (GMT) on:
United Kingdom - Tuesday 18th December*These guidelines apply to in stock items only. The dates are recommended but not guaranteed since they assume normal conditions when are carriers attempt delivery. Please be aware that in the circumstance where any external factors, like adverse weather condition affect our carriers ability to deliver it could delay your order, and mean that it would not arrive until after Christmas.
- Pre Orders
- New Releases
- Coloured Vinyl
- Limited Edition
- SOV Messenger
- Want to be the first to hear about exclusives? Click Here to find out more!
God Bless Tiny Tim: 50th Anniversary Limited Pink Vinyl Edition)
- Release Date 06 April 2018
- Buy Now: More stock coming soon
- Product code
- Vinyl LP
- Real Gone Music
• Tiny Tim a.k.a. Herbert Buckingham Khaury Was Far
More Than a Mere Novelty Act
• Though Best Known for Getting Married to Miss Vicki on The Tonight Show and for His Farcical Falsettoand- Ukulele Hit “Tiptoe Thru’ the Tulips with Me,” Tim Was Actually His Generation’s Leading Scholar of Vaudeville and Tin Pan Alley Music
• Tim Was Also Blessed with a Stupendous Vocal Range, from Baritone to his Trademark Falsetto, and Was Adept on Not Just Ukulele but Guitar, Mandolin, and Violin
• His Debut Album, 1968’s God Bless Tiny Tim, Displayed Both His Knowledge of Early 20th Century Pop Music and His Multi-Faceted Talent
• The Album Also Married Tim’s Unique Vision with Amazingly Lush Production by Richard Perry, Who Would Go On to Produce Everybody from Diana Ross to Rod Stewart
• God Bless Tiny Tim Featured an Amazing Array of Instruments Including Didgeridoo, Koto, Celeste, and Tympani, with Nary a Ukulele to Be Found on Many Tracks
• The Record Also Was Dusted with Some of the Period’s Psychedelic Touches, and Featured an Unexpected Cover of Sonny Bono’s “I Got You, Babe”
• First-Ever Vinyl Reissue in the U.S.
• 50th Anniversary Edition in Pink Vinyl • Limited Edition of 900
If you think, based on “Tiptoe Thru’ the Tulips with Me” and his nationally televised marriage to Miss Vicki on The Tonight Show, that Tiny Tim was a mere novelty act, think again. Behind that ukulele, pasty white make-up, falsetto, and prominent proboscis was a serious scholar of American music, perhaps the only performer of the ‘60s (and certainly the only performer of his age group) keeping the torch alive for songs from vaudeville and Tin Pan Alley. Tim (born Herbert Buckingham Khaury) also was blessed with a stupendous vocal range, from baritone to his trademark falsetto, and was adept on not just ukulele but guitar, mandolin, and violin. Even with all that talent, though, had Tiny Tim just made a straight ‘20s trad jazz/pop/folk album for his debut record, God Bless Tiny Tim would not be the stone-cold cult classic it is today. But the album married Tim’s innate eccentricity with stupendously lush production from Richard Perry, who was fresh from working on Captain Beefheart’s debut, Safe as Milk, and would go on to produce everybody from Diana Ross to Rod Stewart. With Perry’s production, and Artie Butler’s arrangements, God Bless Tiny Tim featured an incredible assortment of instruments, from didgeridoo to koto to celeste to tympani, with nary a ukulele to be found on many of the tracks. Furthermore, the album was sprinkled with some of the psychedelic fairy dust that was in the air at the time (1968), full of non sequiturs both verbal and musical (like the cover of Sonny Bono’s “I Got You Babe”). The result: an album that stands outside of time, defying categorization or description. Now, to celebrate its 50th anniversary, Real Gone Music is releasing God Bless Tiny Tim on LP for the first time since its original issue in the U.S. in a pink vinyl edition limited to 900 copies. This record belongs in any serious—or not-soserious!— record collection.
|1||Welcome to My Dream|
|2||Tip-Toe Thru’ the Tulips with Me|
|3||Livin’ in the Sunlight, Lovin’ in|
|5||On the Old Front Porch|
|7||Stay Down Here Where You Belong|
|8||Then I’d Be Satisfied with Life|
|1||The Other Side|
|2||Ever Since You Told Me That You|
|3||Love Me (I’m a Nut)|
|4||Daddy, Daddy, What Is Heaven|
|6||The Coming Home Party|
|7||Fill Your Heart|
|8||I Got You, Babe|
|9||UPC: 848064006572 7. This Is All I Ask|