Ordering from America? Visit our US store.
Ordering from Aus or NZ? Visit our Australian store.
LAST SHIPPING DATES
Standard Mail (untracked) & Courier (tracked) dates - Place order before midday (GMT) on:
United Kingdom - Tuesday 18th December*These guidelines apply to in stock items only. The dates are recommended but not guaranteed since they assume normal conditions when are carriers attempt delivery. Please be aware that in the circumstance where any external factors, like adverse weather condition affect our carriers ability to deliver it could delay your order, and mean that it would not arrive until after Christmas.
- Pre Orders
- New Releases
- Coloured Vinyl
- Limited Edition
- SOV Messenger
- Want to be the first to hear about exclusives? Click Here to find out more!
- Release Date 25 November 2016
- In Stock
- Product code
- Vinyl LP
- Sacred Bones
After recently signing to Sacred Bones Records, new four-piece Exploded View, fronted by German/Bristol political- journalist-turned-musician/singer Anika, announce news of their debut self-titled album, due August 17th. The band are sharing new track 'Orlando' from the forthcoming record.
While lead single ‘No More Parties in The Attic’ is laden with an enticing no-wave, post-punk sound, layered with distorted guitars and ominous drones– ‘Orlando' chimes in with echoing vintage synths, courtesy of Hugo Quezada that clash with a chilly electro backbeat and an anthemic soulful bass line setting the tone. With her disarming quietude nursery rhyme like vocal delivery, Anika remarks on the creation process: “Well, that day I was speechless and empty; a reflection of the times. I became a vessel for the past; the only way to deal with or help understand the present. Enlightenment came with the help of some strong leading ladies; A certain author, a certain film and a certain actress. Go figure.”
Anika released her self-titled debut album in collaboration with Geoff Barrow’s Invada imprint and Stones Throw to critical acclaim in 2010. This new project was created during the rehearsal sessions for Anika's Mexican live debut back in March 2014. An unexpected partnership formed between Annika and local producers, Martin Thulin (Crocodiles producer) synth-head Hugo Quezada (Robota) and Riotboy sweetheart Hector Melgarejo (Jessy Bulbo / Nos llamamos) to form Exploded View. The four musicians discovered a new sound, several steps removed from the krautrock-isms of Henderson’s previous work during their rehearsals and live performances in Mexico City. The straight to tape sessions that followed in the San Rafael neighborhood, ventured somewhere new; a lighter place, unguarded, veering from any script. Improvisation was the guiding principle and the source of the band’s inspiration. The studio itself was outfitted so that every sound produced in the room would be recorded. A Tascam 388 8-track captured everything – fully live, fully improvised, first-takes only. Produced by Thulin and Quezada and mastered by Josh Bonati in NYC.
1. Lost Illusions
2. One Too Many
4. Call On The Gods
5. Disco Glove
6. Stand Your Ground
7. No More Parties In The Attic
8. Lark Descending
9. Gimme Something
‘Like Shadows Dancing in the Dark’ label sampler
1. Jenny Hval – Female Vampire (from Blood Bitch)
2. Exploded View – Orlando (from Exploded View)
3. Lust For Youth – Display (from Compassion)
4. Blanck Mass – Atrophies (from Dumb Flesh)
5. Wymond Miles – Divided in Two (from Call By Night)
6. Psychic Ills – I Don’t Mind (feat. Hope Sandoval) (from Inner Journey Out)
7. Institute – Perpetual Ebb (from Catharsis)
8. Cheena – Car (from Spend the Night With…)
9. Destruction Unit – Salvation (from Negative Feedback Resistor)
10. Marching Church – Living in Doubt (from This World Is Not Enough)
11. Flowers for Agatha – The Freedom Curse (from KBDR Vol.2)
12. Pop.1280 – USS ISS (from Paradise)
13. Almost Holy OST (Atticus Ross & Bobby Krilic) – Wild Moose
14. John Carpenter – Utopian Façade (from Lost Themes II)